One week left till Abstract Deadline
From Knowledge to Action Conference: Submit your abstract by September 30, 2011 to be part of one of the most ambitious conferences focused on the polar regions ever held.
The IPY 2012 From Knowledge to Action Conference will take place in Montreal, Quebec, Canada from April 22 to 27, 2012 and will include over 70 sessions dedicated to providing a comprehensive update on the state of the polar regions and the most recent research findings across all disciplines. A further 26 sessions will encourage interactions amongst researchers, governments, NGOs, industry leaders and key stakeholders to discuss the application of findings to advance programs, inform policies, and contribute to technology and other solutions at all scales. To submit your abstract, go to http://www.ipy2012montreal.ca/
Check out our newly reduced registration fees:
General $700 à $595 CAD (if you register before February 28, 2012)
Students and Early Career Scientists $400 à $295 CAD
An amazing program of plenary keynote and panel speakers is shaping up for the IPY 2012 From Knowledge to Action Conference. World leaders and visionaries in the areas of polar science and society will be addressing delegates in Montreal.
- Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland - former Prime Minister of Norway, Chair of World Commission on Environment and Development, Director-General of World Health Organization and current Special Envoy on Climate Change for the United Nations Secretary General
- Dr. Sheila Jasanoff - Pforzheimer Professor of Science and Technology Studies and Director of the Program on Science, Technology and Society at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Mr. Aqqaluk Lynge - member of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues and Chair of the Inuit Circumpolar Council
- Dr. Louis Fortier - Scientific Director of ArcticNet, Canada's network of centres of excellence on natural, human health and social Arctic sciences
- Dr. José Xavier - Martha T. Muse Prize winner and marine biologist with the Institute of Marine Research at the University of Coimbra in Portugal, as well as the British Antarctic Survey
Registration Opens September 21, 2011
Calling all Educators
Please note that the application process for teachers to take part in the PolarEDUCATORS Workshop has just opened. Educators from around the world wishing to learn more about the polar regions and build their skills to excite students about polar issues are encouraged to apply for this amazing career development opportunity. Deadline for applications: October 28, 2011.
Students - Do You Need Travel Support?
If you are a student or early career scientist apply today for a chance to receive travel support to attend the conference. The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) is leading this travel support process and more information is available on the website. Apply today! Deadline for applications: September 30, 2011.
For more information, go to http://www.ipy2012montreal.ca/
Last updated: 23.09.2011